Here are 19 Life Lessons from the Dalai Lama that he wishes to share with you.
The Dalai Lama is regarded as the spiritual leader of Tibet and has spent his life helping people around the world reach happiness and enlightenment. Here are a few life lessons he has to share with all of us.
1. Take into account that great LOVE and great ACHIEVEMENTS involve great risk
2. When you
lose, don’t lose the lesson
3. Follow the Three R’s:
- Respect for Self
- Respect for Others
- Responsibility for all your actions
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules, so you know how to break them properly
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t give up your values
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past
14. Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality
15. Be gentle with the earth
16. Once a year, go some place you’ve never been before.
17. Remember the best relationship is one in which your LOVE for each other exceeds your NEED for each other
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon
[via - mindopenerz.com]
Post a Comment