In the 90’s, Keanu Reeves was a superstar; his films were almost always a hit at the box office. He was known as a smart, charming, and smiling actor, whom women threw themselves at. But, otherwise he was always considered a normal Hollywood star.
But Keanu Reeves’s life has been everything but normal:
- His mother was 19 and his father 21 when they met in Beirut. She was a stripper and he was a drug dealer. His father left the family when Keanu was 3 years old and her mother moved to Canada. 5 stepfathers followed, constantly moving in and out over the years.
- Keanu has a half sister who suffered from leukemia. He donated 70% of his pay from the
- Matrix to hospitals that treat leukemia
- While filming The Matrix 2 and 3, he gave the majority of his salary to the costume makers and the special effects team. They had a huge part to play in the success of the film, but were given paltry salaries. Altogether, the workers brought home 75 million dollars because Keanu believed that they had deserved it
- He witnessed his girlfriend Jennifer die in a car crash. Just before she had lost their baby. He hasn’t had a serious relationship since.
- His best friend River Phoenix died from a drug overdose.
- On his birthday, he bought himself a cake alone in a bakery. Then he sat down somewhere comfortably and waited for fans to come by so he could offer them a piece.
- Some people give homeless people money, some don’t. Most stars don’t even dignify them with an acknowledgment. There are numerous pictures of how Keanu hangs out with homeless people. He does this because he is interested in the people themselves, regardless who they are or what they do.
- Keanu Reeves has no bodyguards and doesn’t wear expensive clothing. To crown it all off, he takes the subway to work. He’s also a likable gentleman:
It’s a shame that Keanu hasn’t found love again, but who knows what the future holds in store. I wish him all the love in the world. He has always remained loyal to himself and has never forgotten where he came from. He has remained strong, even when life dealt him a heavy blow. His life has been dedicated to the people that he loves. And he lives among normal people, even though he is a star. He never lost himself.
Share this astounding journey through life with others. It’ll serve as inspiration for others trying to remain true to themselves.
Post a Comment