When he was only 10 years old, Caper Brown and his brother Joey, then aged eight, snuck into an indoor scrap metal site and started playing with a gas pipe. Unaware of the dangers, the two boys were innocently exploring and playing around as any children of that age would. However, disaster was to strike when the building suddenly exploded with the young brothers inside.
After a nearby water heater ignited fumes from the gas pipe, flames soon engulfed the entire building. Though the two boys were rescued, Joey suffered third degree burns over 26% of his body. Caper came off even worse with 98% of his body left charred. On numerous occasions, doctors told him it was a miracle that he didn't die with such extensive burns.
Against all the odds, Caper survived. Yet it came at a huge cost, as he'd lost all four limbs and suffered permanent scarring all over his body. Instead of giving up, he decided to make the most of this second chance and dedicate his life to helping others.